Isomer seperation for Meth

Acab1312

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hello

From phenylisopropyl(methyl)amine freebase;

Extract the freebase amine with toluene. Prepare a solution of dextrorotary tartaric acid(1), 50g in 300ml dH2O, stir to dissolve. Extract the amine by adding in 25ml portions with vigorous shaking the acid soln. to the Toluene containing the free amine. The aqueous layer will gain a purple/red color, is separated, and placed in a separate beaker. Repeat this until no appreciable color change to the aqueous layer takes place. Pour all the aqueous extracts in an evaporating dish and let stand undisturbed for several hours until the l-amine d-tartarate crystals precipitate out of solution. Decant the mother liquor and wash the crystals with 2x25ml dH2O, adding the wash to the mother liquor. Basify the mother liquor which contains the desired d-amine d-tartarate salt. Extract w/ toluene, dry the solvent, gas w/HCl, filter the precipitate and recrystalize.

That was the easiest thing after trying a lot. As well as the most effective, for me

View previous replies…

Fringg

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hello

From phenylisopropyl(methyl)amine freebase;

Extract the freebase amine with toluene. Prepare a solution of dextrorotary tartaric acid(1), 50g in 300ml dH2O, stir to dissolve. Extract the amine by adding in 25ml portions with vigorous shaking the acid soln. to the Toluene containing the free amine. The aqueous layer will gain a purple/red color, is separated, and placed in a separate beaker. Repeat this until no appreciable color change to the aqueous layer takes place. Pour all the aqueous extracts in an evaporating dish and let stand undisturbed for several hours until the l-amine d-tartarate crystals precipitate out of solution. Decant the mother liquor and wash the crystals with 2x25ml dH2O, adding the wash to the mother liquor. Basify the mother liquor which contains the desired d-amine d-tartarate salt. Extract w/ toluene, dry the solvent, gas w/HCl, filter the precipitate and recrystalize.

That was the easiest thing after trying a lot. As well as the most effective, for me
Acab1312It is necessary to add tartaric acid dissolved in water gradually as you describe, or I can pour it in at once if we already know exactly how much is needed. I use a steam distilled free base. So I think that if I add it gradually, the water layer will not change color.

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect